According to a recent report by Reports and Data, the global logistics robots market size was USD 7.38 billion in 2021, and it is expect to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.3% over the forecast period. The surge in the e-commerce industry is expect to be the primary driver of revenue growth. The growth of e-commerce is attributable to increased internet use and a preference for online shopping. To gain an advantage over brick-and-mortar retailers, e-commerce firms are focusing on fast delivery and better packaging. As a result, logistics automation is increasingly necessary for e-commerce to achieve flexibility, faster returns processing, and a higher number of Stock-Keeping Units (SKUs).
Some Key Highlights from the Report:
- The global logistics robots market consists of categories such as automated storage and retrieval systems (AS/RS), automated guided vehicles (AGVs), autonomous mobile robots (ARMs), articulated robotic arms, and others.
- In 2021, the AS/RS segment had the largest revenue share, including stacker cranes renowned for their capacity and agility when storing and retrieving goods from racks for both boxes (miniload) and pallets.
- According to regional analysis, the North American market is expect to have the highest revenue share in 2021. The market’s revenue growth is expect to be propell by various manufacturers’ increasing R&D efforts to create cutting-edge and novel logistic robots. During the project period, the Asia Pacific market is anticipate to have the fastest revenue growth rate. India, China, Japan, and other developing nations in the region are increasingly taking the initiative to develop new items, which is anticipate to drive market revenue growth.
- On October 14, 2021, Geek+, a leading AMR company worldwide, unveiled the RoboShuttle RS8-DA, an 8-meter high flexible arm robot. This new robot has the largest capacity in the industry and enables customers to maximize their warehouse usage. The RoboShuttle offers a high-density and safe logistics solution in response to the growth of e-commerce and the need for systems that can intelligently manage limited warehouse space. It is compatible with racks up to 8 meters high, bags, cartons, or boxes of various widths, and can increase area efficiency by five times.
- Companies profiled in the market report include Asic Robotics AG, Clearpath Robotics Inc., Fetch Robotics Inc, Omron Robotics and Safety Technologies, Inc, Relay Robotics, Inc, Alstef Group, KION GROUP AG, Midea, Bastian Solutions LLC., and Amazon.com, Inc.
The global market for logistics robots can be segment by type outlook, operation area outlook, application outlook, end-use outlook, and regional outlook. According to revenue in USD billion from 2019 to 2030, the types of logistics robots include Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (AS/RS), Automated Guided Vehicles, Autonomous Mobile Robots, Articulated Robotic Arms, and Others. In 2019-2020, the AS/RS segment had the highest revenue share and is expect to continue to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Logistics robots can operate in both indoor and outdoor areas. The revenue generate from indoor and outdoor operation areas is expect to grow significantly during the forecast period.
Logistics robots have various applications, including custom packaging, loading and unloading, piece picking, delivery, and others. During the forecast period, the revenue generated from piece picking is expect to have the highest CAGR. In recent years, logistics automation has become necessary for e-commerce due to the requirement for flexibility, increased Stock-Keeping Units (SKUs), and quick returns processing. The deployment of robots in logistics is particularly advantageous because of the tremendous boost in productivity that comes from their symbiotic interaction with people.
The market for logistics robots is segment by end-use outlook, which includes healthcare, retail, agriculture, manufacturing, and others. The manufacturing industry is expect to have the highest revenue share from 2019 to 2030. The demand for logistics robots in the manufacturing industry has grown significantly due to the increasing need for automation and the requirement for efficient and flexible material handling.
Geographically, the market for logistics robots is divide into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is expect to have the highest revenue share in 2021, according to regional analysis. Asia-Pacific is anticipat to see the fastest rate of revenue growth during the project period, with India, China, and other developing nations in the region, as well as Japan, increasingly taking the initiative to develop new items, which is expect to fuel market revenue growth.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services.
Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370